Mindfully Boost Your Energy
January 8, 2018
You’re low on energy and the day has just begun. What do you do? Most Americans will start pouring a second, maybe third, cup of coffee or reach for an energy drink or shot. However, there are healthier options to consider.
If you’re looking for a Mindful way to boost your energy take a look at these suggestions:
1. Snacks. Healthy snacks can refresh you. Apples, with their vitamin C and antioxidants, can give you energy. When you’re dehydrated your body loses energy, so drink water for a quick pick-me-up. Yogurt is a great snack that’ll give you energy and keep you full. Nuts like almonds, walnuts, and peanuts are protein-packed, energy capsules.
2. Exercise. Physical exercise will help trim your waist and wake up your brain. Consider doing pushups or jumping jacks in your office. Take the stairs instead of the elevator. Do some stretches to encourage blood circulation. Walk outside, in the sunshine, so necessary nutrients (vitamin D) can be absorbed from the sun through your skin.
3. Aromatherapy. If you’re looking to freshen up your home or office and reenergize, consider aromatherapy. Scents such as peppermint, jasmine, and citrus (lemon, orange, grapefruit, etc…) are said to be energizing. Consider lighting candles, buying incense, or keep the scented oils in your bag or your car.
4. Rejuvenating techniques. If you’re looking for quick techniques to rejuvenate yourself consider a five-minute meditation. Slouching can restrict your breathing, so straightening your posture can help you feel alert. Cold water splashed on your face can also be refreshing.
5. Other ideas. If you’re looking for another way to reenergize yourself consider a brain teaser. Puzzles can be a great distraction from work and can awake your brain. Fresh flowers will not only brighten any room, they can also have a calming effect on you.