Love Gives You New Life
February 6, 2018
Sharing your stresses and concerns with others helps the mind and body relax and renew. Research tells us there is a positive relationship between having community and our health and longevity.
- Meet with a friend or friends at least once a week for a meal. When we have a physical connection with others we produce healthy hormones and they relax us and reduce our stress. Meet at a local restaurant, or take turns meeting at each other’s homes in the neighborhood.
- Get in a group. Create a study group, a card group, an exercise group or some group around some interest you have. When you have friends that support you there is less stress in your life.
- Phone support. Keep at least three best friends or family on your phone list. When you are stressed call a friend or family member for support and that will de-stress you when you realize you are not alone and someone cares about you.
- Write letters and cards. Keep stationery and cards at your home so you can drop loved ones a card or a letter to keep in touch with those you love.
- Color. Surround yourself with colors you love and wear colors you love. This will stimulate you and make you happy and alert.
- Flowers. Keep flowers or a flower in your home. Harvard research shows that having a flower increased your happiness, lessens depression and stress.
Tags: healthy relationships, love, mindful living, mindfulness, stress relief